no access to video's

You can post your questions, problems, kudos and comments about the administration of the website here.
Ed
Bilge Dweller

no access to video's

Post by Ed »

hi Martin,

a small and hopefully simple question : I can access the website on both of my pc's however on one of them it is not possible to watch the video's.

I checked the settings of Explorer on both pc's, these are the same. The only difference is that one is running XP and the other one Vista. Could this be a a reason for the problem that I cannot watch the video's just because of Vista ?

As soon as I click on a movie it says that the website is unavailable, however there are no errors reported ?? Everything else is working fine on the computer.

Hopefully you can help me out, kind regards,
Ed.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Videos downloads

Post by The Dieselduck »

Hello Ed,

Yes I am finding some issues with internet explorer on vista. I generally use my vista machine and the Firefox browser, I seem not to have any problems. With explorer on the same machine, I cant open the video files directly either. What you can do, is "right click" and use the "save as" feature to download it to your desktop, then watch from there.

On my XP machine I don't seem to have any problems opening or downloading the videos in either browsers.

This Vista is the best marketing tool for Apple I have ever seen.

Thanks for visiting.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
Ed
Bilge Dweller

thanks

Post by Ed »

hi Martin,

thanks for the very quick reply, looks like I don't have to search any further. I'll take the download option (Apple later, maybe...).

success with your magnificient site, gives me the engineer on board feeling again,

kind greets, Ed.