Refurbishment

You can post your questions, problems, kudos and comments about the administration of the website here.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Refurbishment

Post by JK »

Martin is cleaning the carpet and shaking the drapes!
Or is it an 1800 hour inspection?

Looking good and glad to see you are (presummably) home.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: Refurbishment

Post by The Dieselduck »

You beat me to it - a usual :D , I was just sitting down to explain the many troubles people have been having over the last two weeks on the main site and the forum area.

At the beginning of November, my web host upgraded some of their software and changed some of the servers, resulting in quite a few headaches for the site. I don't use too much php, a programing language for web application, but enough that the update broke the main website for a few days and made the forum area's older software, buggy.

With my short time at home due to high work demands, and the many other projects here at home, I had on the go, its been a heck of a time upgrading the forum's software to the latest version, and making it all work. Finally yesterday, I achieve some measure of success, with a stable experience being available to all. Obviously, like JK you have noticed, the new updated software is a bit more slick and easy to use, with some neat new additional features which some of you might like. In particular you can now "subscribe" to a topic so if you posing a question, and some one replies you get an email as soon as the reply is posted. The latest version of he software also is quicker and addresses numerous security concerns that had been reported over the last four years.

There is still some bugs; for unknown reasons the new profile features don't seem to be able to be saved and displayed, I am working on it and hope to have a resolution soon. Actually JK, would you try to change your profile, adding some elements, and see if the changes are saved with you, and displayed on your profile? Ive tested it on different machines and I am not getting any success. You can let me know how it works for you.

I actually got some good news this morning, I don't have to go to St Johns to join my boat until next week, so I get a breather to finish soe of my ongoing projects, including this one.

Hope you all like the changes, and thanks for your patience and loyalty!
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: Refurbishment

Post by JK »

I haven't noticed anything glitchy yet. I changed some profile info with no problem and it showed up.
Crew change next week, sounds like Christmas at work. :?