Was it something I said?

You can post your questions, problems, kudos and comments about the administration of the website here.
Sébastien
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Québec

Was it something I said?

Post by Sébastien »

Salut Martin,
I recently talked about what it is like to sail with Transport Desgagnés in the forum. Were my comments so instructive that you now have enough respect for the company to post a picture of the M/T Véga Desgagnés on your main page? Not very often do I see 'the yellow stripe' on the Internet, nice to see. Seriously, did you even notice her in the background? Still love your website by the way, it was very useful for me last winter when I was studying for my first class ticket. À la prochaine, Sébastien Déry
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: Was it something I said?

Post by The Dieselduck »

Heehehe Thats pretty funny. No, I actually had the update ready to go a couple of months ago (because I have no time right now - studying), and just uploaded it last night. Yes I was aware of the Vega, below is another picture of her, and the Camille and the Anna I snapped in Montreal in mid June 2008. I have also the Sarah somewhere but I have to get out the door right this minute.

Glad you approve, and thanks for your continued input.
Attachments
Anna Desgagnes
Anna Desgagnes
2008.06-DR-Montreal.129.jpg (52.84 KiB) Viewed 13230 times
Camilla  Desgagnes
Camilla Desgagnes
2008.06-DR-Montreal.125.jpg (71.23 KiB) Viewed 13227 times
Vega Desgagnes
Vega Desgagnes
2008.06-DR-Montreal.029.jpg (52.64 KiB) Viewed 13230 times
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
Sébastien
Engineering Mentor

Post by Sébastien »

What? You went right by me this summer without stopping to say hello! I load up at section 97 about once a week. Good luck with your studying, my wife and I found it really difficult to be in the same house without really seeing each other last winter. It is all worth it in the long run and she doesn't regret the sacrifice although it took a while for her to realize it. Hang in there! À la prochaine, Sébastien
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Post by The Dieselduck »

Yes, I do believe getting the other half on board is the biggest challenge, but slowly the "ship's course is responding to the helm" sort of speak.

What is that terminal, is that gasoline? I believe I will be crossing paths with you, I will be on the WJ Moore for a month starting Sunday, I will look you up if we are in the same neighborhood.

A bientop,
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
Sébastien
Engineering Mentor

Post by Sébastien »

Salut Martin, here is a short course for you titled 'Tanker berths in the east end of Montréal'. Sections 94 and 95 belong to Canterm and can be accessed via Fairfield Avenue, mostly deals with importing specialty petroleum products from outside the country. Sections 96 and 97 belong to Terminal Montréal Est and is also accessed via Fairfield, berths are rented by Petro-Canada and export asphalt. The ship I work on often loads here with asphalt for Oswego, Hamilton or the eastern seaboard. Sections 103 and 104 belong to Shell and can be accessed via Richard Street, mostly exports gasoline and diesel for service stations in Québec and Maritimes. Sections 105 and 106 belong to Ultramar and can be accessed via Hinton Street, mostly imports gasoline and diesel from their St-Romuald refinery for service stations in Montréal. Sections 109 and 110 belong to Petro-Canada and can be accessed via Marien Avenue, some gasoline and diesel to service stations in Québec and Maritimes. The ship I sail on sometimes loads here with bunker for power generating stations or tank farms in Québec, Maritimes and eastern seaboard. I really look forward to meeting you in person if schedules permit. À la prochaine, Sébastien