Having difficulties ?

You can post your questions, problems, kudos and comments about the administration of the website here.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Having difficulties ?

Post by The Dieselduck »

I have installed some spam control measures tonight. The spammers have been getting out of control, 6-10 posting a night and even more bogus registered user - which then use the account to send out spam mail. Yikes!

I have implemented several new measure which will hopefully only affect SpamBots. If you are trying to register and face some challenges, just email me at my usual address and I will figure it out for you.

If you are still sitting on the fence about registering, don't fear the process or the idea of registration. It is quick and painless and you will not get annoying emails. You just register to access the full features of this bulletin board, nothing else, or with no one else. If you have any concerns at all just email me.

Martin
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

It's easy to post!!

Martin, the ads were kinda of entertaining, given how shy people are about posting.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

its predictable

Post by The Dieselduck »

People are always shy of new things. It happened last time with the Bulleting Board before this one. After a while I was able to rest and let the board become interesting on its own. I'm sure once people discover this new format, it will be better than before.

Martin
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net