Some changes

You can post your questions, problems, kudos and comments about the administration of the website here.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Some changes

Post by The Dieselduck »

Hello all,

First off, thanks to all our members who continue to participate in very interesting topics and postings. Also want to give a shout out to our new members, welcome!

With this in mind, and by request, I was able to make some changes to the board. You will notice a new appreciation system. If you enjoyed a post and want to thank the poster, just click on the thumbs up icon on the post's header, or if you want to remove a thank from the "hoser", just click the thumbs down. After your logged in, you will notice the "Gratitudes" button at the top right area of the page, this gives you the list of who's been thanked and who's doing the thanking. Its not a perfect system, but I think its a nice addition.

I also made some minor changes to help the site in general, putting some links to the areas of the main site and blog which might be of interest to new visitor who may not be aware of the rest of the "empire". And finally got around to fixing the title bar on the browser window, now the site actually has a title.

I have other minor things in the pipeline, and will notify you of the updates as they get done.

Cheers,
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: Some changes

Post by JK »

Also want to give a shout out to our new members, welcome!
And to add, jump right in and participate.
The more experiences like Big Pete's and ArkSeaJumper that are posted, the more interesting the Forum is.

And we don't bite.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Post by The Dieselduck »

Doh !

I did an update of the code for the forum, unfortunately I lost those features I installed a few months back. I will try to reinstalled when opportunity presents itself.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

You must be gnashing your teeth Martin with this update. There seems to be a few things missing.