Royal Caribbean

In this area, you can comment on employers, trends, jobs, rumors affecting the jobs and job prospect of Marine Engineers.
griff
Bilge Dweller

Royal Caribbean

Postby griff » Sun May 05, 2013 10:42 am

On the look for a new job. Not really considering going back to cruise ships due to the long trips/short leave and poor wages.

However, I've heard through the grapevine that Royal Caribbean offer 10 weeks on/10 weeks off. The person that told me also heard it through other people so not sure whether to take his word for it. He did say there was quite a lot of Canadians working for them and seeing as this board has predominantly Canadian members I wonder if any of you can shed some light on this?

Ratherbeonvacation
Leak Patrol

Re: Royal Caribbean

Postby Ratherbeonvacation » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:22 am

I'm not sure if you are still interested in this but yes it is 10 weeks on and off. I was recently there but they say major changes are coming to and the leave system is going to change for the worse. You now need a 2nd class certificate there to keep watch or you go as a 3rd engineer for peanuts. They are loosing many good people as we speak because they placed some crazy lady as the head of marine operations.

Return to “General Job topics”