MED

In this area, you can comment on employers, trends, jobs, rumors affecting the jobs and job prospect of Marine Engineers.
tintean
Deck Plate Wanderer

MED

Post by tintean »

Again on MED Refresher!!. What about tickets that expire on Dec 31 2016. ( tickets that have recently been renewed) It says they can be turned in for STCW 2010 CoC--CoP for balance of 5 year term. Does this mean that the refresher course is not required?? Who writes up these regs? I think it would help if everyone was dyslexic.Anyway, It all seems a lot of bother and expense just to keep those people at the Marine Schools in a job.
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: MED

Post by JollyJack »

MED refresher is required for NC1 and unlimited voyages, outside of the great lakes and a great chunk of the Left coast. Updated Marine Personnel Regulations to comply with STCW 10 have not been published yet. Vessels on Non-Convention voyages need not comply, so MED refreshers are not required.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: MED

Post by The Dieselduck »

Just phoned Vitoria TCMS and they extended all my expiring (shortchanged) certificate and endorsements to Examiner's certificates for 6 months. Its a pain but at least now all my relevant certs expire at the same time, and still lets me sail out of Canada.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net