Bunkering Books

Got a part? looking for spares? Need something tangible? This is the place to post your wants and needs.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Bunkering Books

Post by The Dieselduck »

'An Introduction to Bunkering'
By Nigel Draffin
An Introduction to Bunkering is a 100-page entry level guide to bunkering, covering all aspects of the marine fuels industry in a simple, easy-to-read style, with many explanatory diagrams and photographs.

It is aimed at beginners in the bunker and shipping industries and at those on the periphery (maritime lawyers, testing labs, engine designers, journalists, etc.) who need occasionally to dip into easy-access information on the subject.

Now also available in Spanish! (including an English/Spanish - Spanish/English glossary of bunkering terms).

This exciting book is written by Nigel Draffin, Technical Manager of LQM-Gibson, Technical Director of the Oxford Bunker Course and Co-ordinator of IBIA's Education Working Group. It includes a foreword by Capt M Segar, Director (Port) / Port Master, Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore.

"It is written in a clear, easily understood style that addresses the issues and answers the questions that everyone - from the newest student to the most experienced practitioner - will want to understand"

"The wealth of information in this book will shed a great deal of light into this most
labyrinthine of industries." - Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore

Copies can be ordered at only £39.95 / US$79.95 / €49.95 + carriage.
Simply complete our secure online form and your books will be sent to you by our express courier service.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Bunkers - An Analysis of the Practical, Technical & Legal Issues'
By Christopher Fisher and Jonathan Lux

A 400-page advanced, in-depth analysis, aimed at those working full time in the industry or who require more
extensive information.
'Bunkers - An Analysis of the Practical, Technical and Legal Issues' is the world’s most authoritative book on bunker fuels.

Covering almost every aspect of bunkering in a concise, detailed but easy-to-read format, it offers highly-accessible text, charts, diagrams and graphs which make it the most comprehensive training tool for readers at any level of expertise, knowledge and experience of bunkering.

Bunkers is a must for maritime lawyers, marine engineers, insurers, shipping and bunkering companies, fuel purchasers and charterers – in fact anyone involved in handling bunker fuels or dealing with expensive claims.

"A valuable guide to the bunker industry that will promote understanding, raise awareness, increase safety levels and help protect the environment."
- Lloyd's List

"This latest edition contains valuable new material on the technical, commercial and legal aspects surrounding the sale, purchase and use of bunkers in the marine industry. The book ought to find a place within elbow distance of all practitioners and students of maritime law."
- The Commonwealth Lawyer

"This book is a classic"
- Marine Engineer's Review

Copies can be ordered at only £125 / US$225 / €175 + carriage.
Simply complete our secure online form and your books will be sent to you by express courier service
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quantity / Reseller Discounts Available!
If you intend ordering 5 copies or more, please contact [email protected] for details

For full details about our books and other services, please visit our website http://www.petrospot.com/
SeattleShrimp
Bilge Dweller

Re: Bunkering Books

Post by SeattleShrimp »

I was thinking about reading the first one because you mentioned it was for new people like me, but 100 pages seems a bit light for the amount that should be covered...unless you advise otherwise I will be going for the second choice. After a long day of using my moisture detector on the vessel I cannot think of anything I would rather do than to sit and read a good book. Now the only question is if I want to learn more about my job, so go off in to some fantasy land.