Sustainable Shipping Conference 2010: From the Cradle to the Grave takes the issue of sustainability beyond just environmental issues to encompass the wider implications of shipping's life cycle performance. As shipping increasingly moves to improve its operational environmental footprint and impact, the spotlight is now growing to focus on the whole lifespan.
From manufacture to operational performance through to the safe disposal of a ship, owners will be accountable for ensuring safe, high performance business practice throughout. Sustainable Shipping Conference 2010 brings the industry together to collaborate on looking at what these issues will be, what solutions are available and how they can be leveraged for competitive advantage.
Sustainable Shipping Conference 2010 will be held in the beautiful destination city of Miami. Enjoy the year round sunshine, abundant ocean views and the vibrant culture of Miami Beach whilst keeping abreast of new developments, meeting up with old friends and forging new relationships. The conference program includes an extensive program of networking events to ensure that you benefit from all the opportunities that the conference and Miami have to offer.
Conference Speakers to date include:
* Andreas Chrysostomou, Chairman, IMO Marine Environment Protection Committee
* James Corbett, Professor, College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment, University of Delaware
* Robert Dane, CEO, Solar Sailor
* Sarah Flagg, Seaport Air Quality Program Manager, Port of Seattle
* T.L Garrett, Vice President, Pacific Merchant Shipping Association
* Stephen Gumpel, Vice President, North and Central America, Germanisher Lloyd
* James Hunn, Senior Vice President, Maritime Policy & Compliance, Carnival Corporation plc
* Paul Holtus, Executive Director, World Ocean Council
* Iver Iversen, Business Development Director, Wilhelmsen Ships Equipment
* Keith Johnson, Managing Director, Commercial Diving
* Kathy Metcalf, Director Maritime Affairs, Chamber of Shipping of America
* Phillip Padfield, CEO, Eniram
* Jackie Savitz, Senior Campaign Director, Oceana
* Aslak Suopanki, Product Manager, Environmental Services, Wartsila
* Kirsi Tikki, Vice President, Global Technology and Business Development, ABS
* Thiabaut Tincelin, Stirling Design International
* Bill Williams, Vice President, Health, Safety & Environment, Maersk Inc.
For more information on Sustainable Shipping 2010, please contact email@example.com or call:
Europe, Middle East and Africa: +44 1753 272 253
Americas: +1 954 916 2620
Asia / Pacific: +65 6324 0920