2011 May - CIMARE VIB Meeting in Victoria

Planning an event? Heard of an interesting event? Want to share a milestone with the community? This is the place.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

2011 May - CIMARE VIB Meeting in Victoria

Post by The Dieselduck »

MAY BRANCH MEETING will take place at 7PM WEDNESDAY MAY 18 in the Lower Lounge of the Naden Naval Officers’ Wardroom. Peter Hammond will present a look at basic marine steam plant designs through the years. Included will be a look and discussion of his experiences working as First Engineer on one of the last working steam ships in the American Merchant Marine.

For the last seven years Peter has done summer relief work up on the Bering Sea on a converted container ship that is fitted with a fish processing factory. This should be an interesting and enjoyable, entertaining,

We encourage and look forward to another good turn out at the May 18 meeting. Come early for a beverage and to meet colleagues in the upstairs lounge. Guests and spouses are always welcome. Hope to see you there.

Vancouver Island Branch ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING will take place TUESDAY JUNE 14 at 6PM in the Upper Lounge at the Naden Wardroom. Guests and spouses are invited for this final meeting and social event of the season.

MESSAGE FROM BRANCH CHAIRMAN MIKE WEAVER - As Chairman of your Branch of the Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering; I'd like to invite any interested members to join us on the Branch Executive Committee. We welcome new ideas and contacts to help keeping the Branch active and interesting for our membership.

WESTERN MARINER MAGAZINE - It will soon be time to renew subscriptions to Western Mariner. This past year there was a reduction in sponsorship so any shortfalls were made up by the branch. If you do not want to receive Western Mariner or are able to read a copy at work, please let me know.

MARINE PHOTO CONTEST - The Marine Photo Contest is returning for 2011. Please send your digital entries of photos with a marine theme to me. A slide show of the winning entries will be shown at the Christmas Social.

Phil Dauphinee
Victoria BC Canada