2013 April - CIMarE / SNAME Joint Meeting, Victoria

Planning an event? Heard of an interesting event? Want to share a milestone with the community? This is the place.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

2013 April - CIMarE / SNAME Joint Meeting, Victoria

Post by The Dieselduck »

SNAME/CIMarE Joint Meeting announcement from Branch Chair Mike Weaver
I’m pleased to inform you that our Annual Joint CIMarE / SNAME Meeting will now take place on Saturday the 27th of April.

This complimentary event is made possible by the generosity of BC Ferries and Point Hope Maritime.

Subject: Refit of the BC Ferry TACHEK
Date: Saturday, 22 April, 2013 (new date)
Time: 11:00 AM
345 Harbour Road,
VICTORIA.

We will assemble in the BC Ferries on site building at the yard for technical papers on the project and then tour the vessel under repair / modification. A light snack and refreshments will be graciously supplied by Point Hope Maritime.

If you plan to attend please reply to Sam Johnson of Point Hope Maritime at: [email protected] or 250-298-1122; Sam has agreed to keep a count of attendees for us.

I look forward to seeing as many of you along with members and guests of both groups there as possible.

Sincerely,
Mike Weaver
Chair CIMarE
VI Branch.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: 2013 April - CIMarE / SNAME Joint Meeting, Victoria

Post by The Dieselduck »

SNAME/CIMarE Joint Meeting Change of Date announcement from Branch Chair Mike Weaver
I’m pleased to inform you that our Annual Joint CIMarE / SNAME Meeting will now take place on

Saturday June 22

This complimentary event is made possible by the generosity of BC Ferries and Point Hope Maritime.

Subject: Refit of the BC Ferry TACHEK

Date: Saturday, June 22 , 2013

Time: 11:00 AM

345 Harbour Road,
VICTORIA.

We will assemble in the BC Ferries on site building at the yard for technical papers on the project and then tour the vessel under repair / modification.

A light snack and refreshments will be graciously supplied by Point Hope Maritime.

If you plan to attend please reply to Sam Johnson of Point Hope Maritime at: [email protected] or 250-298-1122
Sam has agreed to keep a count of attendees for us.
Please be aware that seating is limited to approximately 30 people, so we will operate on a first registered first “served” basis.

The change of date above is due to a revision in the ferry’s arrival date (boats & babies wait for no one, they do their own thing).
Shipyard work on the vessel allows for better access to the ferry in June.
I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible along with members and guests of both groups .

Sincerely,
Mike Weaver
Chair CIMarE
VI Branch.