Call for Speakers is now
The future of Canada's marine industry has arrived. The 2015 Mari-Tech Conference and Exhibition will be an ideal setting to gain and share information through presentations that offer the latest information on technology, best practices, marine safety, engineering, government shipbuilding programs and business innovation.
On behalf of the 2015 Planning Committee, you are invited to submit a presentation abstract for the annual Mari-Tech Conference & Exhibition to be held April 8-10th, 2015 at the Hyatt Regency in Downtown Vancouver, BC.
With your help Mari-Tech will present an outstanding conference programme. The Call for Presentation Abstracts will open on October 14th, 2014. Please check our conference website regularly for updates: http://www.mari-tech.org.
Submissions should be non-commercial and technical in nature on topics related to Marine Technology. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Emission Control Area(s) (ECA) and their impact.
o Emission control measures (SCRs, LNG, methanol, scrubbers, and electric/hybrid).
o How are marine companies adapting and impacted by the new regulations and what are their solutions?
• Terminals and Ports
o How is the infrastructure and bunkering changing on the Pacific Coast?
o Are terminal developments with LNG going to change the marine landscape on the West Coast?
• BC Marine Operators - what are the challenges on the horizon for the West Coast marine industry?
• Tanker traffic is expected to increase. What are the implications, issues, and challenges?
• The Royal Canadian Navy and Canadian Coast Guard Vessel Construction Programs (NSPS).
• The Pacific Coast marine industry is active throughout the world and is represented in many diverse sectors. What is new to these industries, what has been working, and what is the future?
• Sub sea research, ROVs, exploration.
• Offshore oil and gas
• Marine machinery and technology.
Deadlines and Deliverables
December 11th, 2014
Abstract submission via email to email@example.com
o Abstract/Presentation Brief Summary (please include title)
o Presentation Abstract
o High resolution headshot (jpeg preferred)
January 5th, 2015 Abstract Acceptance notification
January 12th, 2015 Accept Speaker Agreement Contract
o The presenter agrees to the conditions and deadlines outlined in the Speakers Agreement found in this document.
o The presenter sends a copy of the signed Speaker Contract in an email with the subject line reading "Yes, I agree".
Please adhere to the downloadable guidelines under the Quick Links tab to ensure proper submission and consideration. All proposals should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11, 2014.