Call for Volunteers
The future of Canada's marine industry has arrived. The 2015 Mari-Tech Conference and Exhibition will be an ideal setting to gain and share information through presentations that offer the latest information on technology, best practices, marine safety, engineering, government shipbuilding programs and business innovation.
On behalf of the Vancouver Branch of the Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering (CIMarE), we invite you to submit your application for a Volunteer Position at our 2015 event. The Mari-Tech 2015 conference will take place at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in downtown Vancouver, BC on April 8-10th, 2015. Mari-Tech is currently seeking 20 volunteers to play an integral part of this year's conference. Should you be interested in submitting your name for consideration, please e-mail Amber Bowes at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26th, 2015.
Please check our conference website regularly for updates:
We will be seeking to fill roles such as:
• Registration Attendants
• Door Monitors
• Expo Hall Directional Volunteers
• Entrance Greeters
• Room Monitors
• Time Keepers
• Production Assistants
• Unassigned Floaters
• A minimum time commitment of 4 hours a day is required in order to obtain certain volunteer benefits.
• Each volunteer will abide by the Mari-Tech 2015 Dress Code.
• Volunteers are to sign a Confidentiality Agreement.
• Volunteers are to sign a Volunteer Contract and uphold their volunteer commitment to the best of their ability.
• Participate in mandatory volunteer orientation prior to the start of the conference.
• Past volunteer experience an asset.
Benefits of volunteering:
• Volunteering with Mari-Tech 2015 can help students meet potential employers and future colleagues.
• Becoming familiar with leaders and specialists in different sectors of the marine technology industry.
• See industry trends, issues, programs and vendors in action.
• Experience and learn new skills through these opportunities.
• Paid shared accommodations (2 volunteers per room for the duration of the conference).
• Complimentary conference pass.
• All meals included during regular conference hours (breakfast and lunch)
Please provide us with a brief explanation as to why you would be interested in and qualified for a volunteer position at the 2015 Mari-Tech Conference (max 300 words) along with a copy of your résume by no later than February 26th, 2015.
Please contact Amber Bowes-Volunteer Manager, via e-mail at email@example.com to confirm your interest or if you should have any questions.