2018 April - TC's Jolly Jack retirement, Halifax

Planning an event? Heard of an interesting event? Want to share a milestone with the community? This is the place.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

2018 April - TC's Jolly Jack retirement, Halifax

Post by The Dieselduck »

Long time contributor and TCMS Marine Engineering Examiner, Edwin Millar, from the Dartmouth Office is retiring.

Congratulations JolllyJack on your career achievements! Thank you for your continued support on this forum and spicy commentary =)

I will not be able to attend, but for those who can, there will be a "retirement gathering" for Edwin, at the Celtic Corner, in Dartmouth, NS. This upcoming Thursday, April 26th at 12 noon.

Edwin, thank you for your service to Canadian seafarers, and being a sounding board for a litany of complaints aim at your employer. May your skin return to its normal composition soon.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Re: 2018 April - TC's Jolly Jack retirement, Halifax

Post by Merlyn »

Ha,
Exposed at last!

Never took you for an Edwin type lookalike character , always thought it would have been Rob after Rob Roy the famous wee boy from the haste ye back land.

You up anchoring to return to base port or staying put?

Hope you are not retiring from the site though else we have lost a good jousting partner.

Pipe and slippers and the " remember when " type jobby speeches from now on in.

Ps,

Don't forget to put your old now redundant bearing scraper in your will for me as mine is getting a bit blunt nowadays.

If it doesn't work out I can always put in a good word for you over here , still some of those flat bottom drop down bow doors about.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Post by JollyJack »

Which one do you want Merlyn? I have triangular, curved and straight. :) Thanks for your comments Martin, my skin is pretty tough as it is. :)
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

But what to be called now?
Back to Edwin or continue with JJ?
Another change retirement can bring.
I don't want to get this wrong and have that Administrator who wears those sinister sunglasses after me, they re obviously not scared of HP water together with coarse grinding paste treatment .
Apon reflection I couldn't spot any blood on the teeth but having read the Administrator reports even at this range I think I had better keep clear as my neck needs to remain unmarked at this late stage of the game.
So don't forget what your Uncle Merl. told you ref. future inhibitor useage, don't use cheap stuff or like that wet linered engine that liner lower O ring might let go with disastrous results.

Hope you like the golf, don't forget PV/T = C
Concerning the bearing scraper the one with the two horns on it is favourite provided the horns are hollow ground on an imperial grinder wheel and not a metric one as I don't think I could bearing scrape properly with the latter.
Obviously that goes with the leads, imperial please.
Should you have an universal scraper encompassing all three that will do fine provided of course it is ambidextrous and imperial.

PS,

Going back to the inhibitor subject should you be unsure of cheap V quality stuff read the tin.

The good stuff always says " Haste ye Back "

PPS,

Don't forget to write.

Good Luck!
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Oh dear, it's how I feared, looks like our Edwin is hull down already.
Personally this hull Down syndrome causes me some concern so I guess I'll just keep on pedaling.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

the red headed cat will surface again, I'm sure.
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

That red headed cat look, could that be caused by over application of that inhibitor fluid do you think? Perhaps you dont get the right grade over there? Have a look see on the tin. Its in Scotch but roughly translated its comes out along the lines of Haste ye Back jobby