2009 May - Nanaimo VIB CIMarE Meeting

Planning an event? Heard of an interesting event? Want to share a milestone with the community? This is the place.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

2009 May - Nanaimo VIB CIMarE Meeting

Post by The Dieselduck »

The 2009 Up-Island Meeting of the Vancouver Island Branch of the Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering will take place Saturday May 30. The plan is to meet at the Western Marine Institute in Cassidy near the Nanaimo Airport at 11:30AM and tour the facilities. [See link below for directions.] There will be a representative from the school will be present, as there is lots to see, including the Marine Emergency Duty pool and fire-fighting facility.

After the tour we can go for lunch at the near by highly regarded Crow And Gate Pub in Cedar only 7.8 km away.
http://www.crowandgate.com/

Spouses and guests are welcome to join us. Please advise me if you are planning to participate.

For those leaving the Victoria area and wanting to car-pool and fuel share we could meet behind the Saanich Municipal Hall before 10AM were there is free parking. I am planning to take my car and can accommodate at least 2 maybe 3 passengers.

The Western Marine Institute has a Ladysmith address but is closer to Cassidy and the Nanaimo Airport
The distance to the school from downtown Victoria is 97.3 with a driving time of 1hr and 18 minutes
Link to directions and map http://maps.google.ca/maps?daddr=3519+H ... e=UTF8&z=9
Directions can be obtained from any other locations by changing the starting point A

Other plans we had for an Up-Island meeting did not materialize for various reasons but I am sure this will be an interesting and enjoyable event.

Looking forward to seeing you,
Phil Dauphinee
Chairman
Vancouver Island Branch
Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering
Victoria BC
Attachments
2008.10.10-WMI.04.jpg
2008.10.10-WMI.04.jpg (60.99 KiB) Viewed 6224 times
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: 2009 May - Nanaimo VIB CIMarE Meeting

Post by The Dieselduck »

Both the Crow and Gate and the Western Maritime Institute are practically in my backyard, its too bad I will not be able to attend since I would enjoy it very much. I certainly encourage you to attend, it should be a very pleasant professional outing with your peers.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
conrod
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Nanoose Bay BC, Canada

Re: 2009 May - Nanaimo VIB CIMarE Meeting

Post by conrod »

Martin.

Although not a member of CIMarE, I have attended several meetings of the Vancouver Branch. I am most interested in attending this visit, as I would like to see what the place has to offer.

I will be coming down from Errington, if anybody wants a lift.

Dave.