2009 Nov - CIMarE VIB Branch meeting and christmas social

Planning an event? Heard of an interesting event? Want to share a milestone with the community? This is the place.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

2009 Nov - CIMarE VIB Branch meeting and christmas social

Post by The Dieselduck »

The Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering
Vancouver Island Branch

On Wednesday, 18 November, the Victoria Branch of CIMarE will be meeting to hear a presentation by

Dermot Loughnane from Tactical Marine Solutions Ltd.
Climate Change and Northern Infrastructure – Myths & Realities of the Northwest Passage
The presentation will start at 1900, we gather at about 1830 at the lower bar, Wardroom Officer’s Mess, (Naden), CFB Esquimalt. Guests and spouses are always welcome.

CIMarE Vancouver Island Branch will be hosting a
Christmas Social on Tuesday December 15 starting at 6PM in the Upper Lounge at the Naden Wardroom Officer’s Mess, CFB Esquimalt.
Malcolm Barker Vice President & General Manager of Victoria Shipyards will be giving what I am sure will be a very interesting presentation on past, current and future activities at Victoria's busiest shipyard.

There will be a wide assortment of appetizer style food available and the bar will be open.
Guests and spouses are especially welcome at this Holiday Season event.
Please bring a non-perishable food item that will be donated to a local FOOD BANK.

We look forward to seeing you at both events.

OTHER NEWS

- MARI-TECH 2011 - According to the rotation between brands, it will be the Vancouver Island branches turn to host Mari-Tech in the late spring of 2011. Those who were involved with past conferences have already indicated that they are not interested in being on the mari-Tech 2011 Committee. If you are interested being on the Mari-Tech 2011 Committee the executive needs to know by March of 2010. If a committee cannot be put together by March of 2010 the national Council will be advised that some alternative will have to be found.

- BRANCH EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE FOR 2010-2011 - Someone will have to step up to the plate to take over the duties of the Chairperson starting in June 2010 when my three years as Chair are completed.

Sincerely,

Phil Dauphinee
Chairman
Vancouver Island Branch
Canadian Institute of Marine Engineering
Victoria BC
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: 2009 Nov - CIMarE VIB Branch meeting and christmas social

Post by JK »

Much as I would like to hear Dermot speak, I will be going through the mind lifting( or numbing) experience of being in meetings in Ottawa that week. Too bad, I am sure Dermot's presentation will be much more educational.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: 2009 Nov - CIMarE VIB Branch meeting and christmas social

Post by The Dieselduck »

If anybody in the Nanaimo area would like to go, I will be attending and taking my van down, have room for 4 other - comfortably.

Call me at 250 722 7062 or on my cell 250 797 0711
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net