Toughest Exam? And Why?

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
Brad
Leak Patrol
Currently located: Canada

Toughest Exam? And Why?

Post by Brad »

A Question for you guys,

Which exam did you find the toughest and why?

I've just finished 1st Applied, found it not too bad, and now working on Electro. I don't know why, since it's not new material, but it just isn't sinking in. Bring on Thermo I say.

How did you work through the mental blocks? Not including Guinness, as I consider that study material.

Cheers
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: Toughest Exam? And Why?

Post by JK »

A good question deserving its own thread, so it now has one.

Through the dim mists of time I do distinctly remembering sweating them all.
GAH, applied :shock:, one of my good friends said to me as we walked out of an exam:
So help me, on the question about the gangway all I could picture was the chains wrapped about the instructors neck. Since he was and is, one of the mildest men I have ever met, that is saying it all LOL. I was just suicidal, it had gone so bad :lol:
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: Toughest Exam? And Why?

Post by JollyJack »

Leckytek, without a doubt. Being of a mechanical mind, I couldn't quite wrap my head around things I couldn't see. I could see the effects of untamed, rampant electrons whizzing all over the place, but couldn't see the actual electrons. Trying to figger out WHY they do it is one of the worlds great mysteries.

Fortunately, there's an excellent Lecky lab in Port Hawkesbury, with cellular components. You can build up any kind of circuit by the "plug and play" method. That helped me immensely, you can actually SEE the difference between squirrel cage and synchronous motors, and the relative effect of each.

An instructor in electronics told me, when I was struggling with the solid state control system of a Ruston TD gas turbine, "You don't have to worry about HOW it works, just understand what it does!"
Discourage incest, ban country "music".