CCGC's EPSAT Test

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

CCGC's EPSAT Test

Post by The Dieselduck »

Got this question regarding the Canadian Coast Guard College, anybody have any ideas?
My youngest son has been progressing through the stages of acceptance into the Coast Guard Marine engineering college in Nova Scotia.
Next step, EPSAT Exam.
We have had a difficult time finding study material(refresher) and sample questions.
Jared is very studious and likes to be 110% prepared.
His high school marks are ranging between 85 and 93 and he has dedicated every day to obtaining his goal of being accepted into the Coast Guard college.
If you can direct us to resources to help him, we would be very grateful.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
D Winsor
Superintendent
Currently located: Dartmouth

Re: CCGC's EPSAT Test

Post by D Winsor »

I did a search of the Coast Guard College and the Public Service Commission Web Sites and found no reference to the exam.
Maybe an email to the registrar of the College [email protected] could shed some light on what the exam is all about and how to prepare for it
Troubleshooting 101 "Don't over think it - K.I.S.S. it"
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

Isn't that the general knowledge exam for entrance into PS?
It isn't studiable
(is that a word?) it is more a tool to assess a person. If it is the one I am thinking of, it just is pretty straight forward, nothing to get stressed about. you either have it or don't. It has logic tests and straightforward math questions.

here it is:
The EPSAT is designed to assess your aptitude in the fields of engineering and physical science. It consists of six sections: three parts on mathematics, one part on general science, one part on vocabulary and one part on mechanical comprehension.
NanaimoEngineer
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Nanaimo, B.C.

Post by NanaimoEngineer »

This may be too late but as a past graduate of the coast guard college i know that the entrance exam is alot of common sense, and math questions. It is difficult to prepare for, but any competent student should do well.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

Never too late...someone else might need to know :)