2nd class technical drawing

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
Ajay
Tanktop Cleaner

2nd class technical drawing

Post by Ajay »

Dear seniors,

I am preparing to write 2nd class Technical drawing exam. Can anyone here guide me which institute in canada prepare for this exam?
Also where can i get previous year transport canada examination papers ( EK Motor, EK General)
I am a 2 class engineer from India, and a landed immigrant in Canada, preparing to convert my license to Canada . I am not familiar with the colleges here. Your suggestions are highly appreciated and will be a great help. Thanks
Ajay.
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: 2nd class technical drawing

Post by JollyJack »

Where are you Ajay? It's a big country.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
Ajay
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by Ajay »

Hi Jolly Jack ,

I am in Calgary, AB
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer

Post by JollyJack »

Best thing I can suggest is to get hold of a drawing table, paper and instruments (T square, 45 and 60/30 set squares, compasses etc) and Reeds Engineering Drawing for Marine Engineers. Work through that then go challenge the exam. It's 6 hours, and is scheduled on Fridays.

Have you gone through the Direct Entry process with Ottawa?
Ajay
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by Ajay »

I have done all the drawing in reeds engineering drawing, but that was back in college 15 years ago ! Never had to touch that again since the time I passed ! Now I cant make it alone ..! Need some guidance..plz let me know if anyone have an Idea about any college . Thanks

Yes , I have gone through Direct entry process
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer

Post by JollyJack »

SAIT in Calgary should have a technical drawing course of some kind. Your nearest TCMS office is in Edmonton for the exam. It's really just a matter of practice.
EL
Mechanic

Post by EL »

Does anyone did this exam recently? What size paper was used, which drawing tools were you using?
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer

Post by JollyJack »

The standard drawing sheet is supplied, as are all the instruments. T Square, 2 set squares, 30/60 and 45/45, compasses, scale rules, pencils, erasers, pens, templates etc. You can bring your own, of course, you'll need a calculator anyway. (Or slide rule if you prefer) You have 6 hours on a Friday to do it.