1st Class Naval Arc

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
studier
Bilge Dweller

1st Class Naval Arc

Post by studier »

C71. A tanker of 42660 tonnes displacement gives the following results when on trial:
Speed (knots) 13.5 14.0 15.0 16.0 17.0 17.5
Propeller RPM 86.1 89.5 96.7 104.8 113.6 118.5
The ship is taken on a six hour continuous run during which time 15.25 tonnes of fuel are used and the engine makes 38520 revolutions. Calculate:
a) fuel co-efficient for the ship bullet
b) the fuel required per day for a similar ship 35000 tonnes displacement which is fitted with a similar type engine and which runs at the corresponding speed.

Anyone got the solution to this Question?????
studier
Bilge Dweller

Re: 1st Class Naval Arc

Post by studier »

Anyone Can Give me some help on this one?
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Post by JollyJack »

Reeds Naval Arch.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
Big Pete
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Solihull, England

Post by Big Pete »

Admiralty Co-efficient rings a bell but it was over 30 years ago that I "wrote" my last ticket.

Happy studying,
BP.
It is always better to ask a stupid question than to do a stupid thing.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

we're showing our age :lol:
Big Pete
Engineering Mentor

Post by Big Pete »

Yes, 63 on the 26th January, the bones and joints ache and the brain sometime struggles through the fog, I'll be able to retire soon if I am not made redundant first.
The company have just lengthened our tours of duty to save money (North Sea Offshore) So I have been on board for my Wedding Anniversary, my son's Birthday, and I will be on board for Xmas, New Year and my Birthday, getting too much now, I would rather spend the time with my family than doing 6 on 6 off watches in the North Sea in Winter.
However, I do have a young Engineer Cadet on board this trip who is soaking up knowledge like a sponge which is rewarding. :D

BP
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

362 days for me for retirement. I was just reading this morning that world oil storage is about blocked full. It is rather concerning what would happen then.
Cripes that's a long shift. Back in the day I worked 4 months on, 2 off. I'll never forget there was a 3 month calendar in the MCR, the simple fact of never tearing that calendar page off every month was agonizing LOL.
Big Pete
Engineering Mentor

Post by Big Pete »

You may have misunderstood me JK,
The company used to do 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off tours, but that is now 5 weeks on, 5 weeks off, increasing to 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off later in the year, also had a 15% pay cut, and only 2 Engineers on the ship so 6 hours on 6 hours off watches when we are in the oilfield normally. However, we have some problems on board that require us to keep continuous watches for about the last 5 weeks, hoping to get a service engineer to sort out the software problem next time in Port.
The reason I missed all the family occasions this year is because of the change in the shift patterns and the way the leave dates fell.
Happy retirement JK, are you going on a World cruise?

BP