Recommendations for 2nd Class Study Books

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
aron
Tanktop Cleaner
Currently located: Rimouski

Recommendations for 2nd Class Study Books

Post by aron »

Hello to All,
I would like some recommendations or advice on which books would be best for me to purchase in order to study in order to pass the 2nd Class exams.
I did not complete a cadet training program so will be teaching myself so to speak over time.
I have already passed the applied mechanics exam for the 2nd class but would appreciate recommendations for,
-applied thermodynamics
-electro technology
-naval architecture
-technical drawing.
I am best off to just buy the REEDS books or are there any others which would be useful for me.
I thank you all for your time
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: Recommendations for 2nd Class Study Books

Post by JollyJack »

Reeds thermo, leckytek, naval arch and drawing. They should do you. You can take a Blueprint Reading course at a college to be exempted Drawing, but all you really need is a table, paper, 45° and 60/30° set squares, pencils, eraser, T square, compasses and Reeds book. Then you practice!

The blueprint course will exempt you from the Exam, but it won't teach you how to draw a machinery part to give to a machine shop for manufacturing.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".