new exams for new lisencing regs?.

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: new exams for new lisencing regs?.

Post by JollyJack »

You still need 36 months qualifying service for 4th class and 4th class will not exist in 3 years from now. Read SB 05/2017 carefully, every paragraph, sub-paragraph, note and annex.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
LEKXIE
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: canada

Post by LEKXIE »

JollyJack wrote:You still need 36 months qualifying service for 4th class and 4th class will not exist in 3 years from now. Read SB 05/2017 carefully, every paragraph, sub-paragraph, note and annex.
Oh thanks, I just reread the document. In that case I am sure we will be graduating as "Officer in Charge of an Engineering Watch (STCW)"

They are also offering one year full time Marine Engineering Management program which i am sure is for the management level to attain higher ranks, nscc is also offering something similar as a full time 1.5 years advanced diploma program.
Revolver
Chief Engineer

Post by Revolver »

It's hard enough getting the PPS2 simulator to fire off, I think Marine Institute does it 2 times a year. And of those 2 times it would be lucky to get 10 ppl registered.
Availability for block courses for first class...man...

*serenity now. serenity now.*