2nd Class Electrotechnology

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
geezer09
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: canada

2nd Class Electrotechnology

Post by geezer09 »

Hi all,

I will write my second class electro in vancouver in a couple of weeks. I am using Reed's volume 6. I currently have two versions of that book
(2nd and 3rd editions) and unfortunately the content is not exactly the same. That wouldnt be a problem if the 3rd edition had more content, but it's the other way around. More specifically, the 2nd edition has a whole chapter on electronics while this was removed from the 3rd edition. No mention is made of this in the preface, which I found strange.

Could an examiner or anybody that wrote the exam recently tell me if I can safely ignore the chapter 15 on electronics from the older 2nd edition? Chapter 14 of the older version also seems to contain material not covered in the newer version.

Thanks!
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: 2nd Class Electrotechnology

Post by JollyJack »

Electronics is covered in depth in the ETO Exam, which has not been published yet. Very basic knowledge of Electronics is needed for 2ELC Exam, that's why Reeds Vol 6 is entitled "Basic Electrotechnology for Engineers" and not for ETOs. :)
Discourage incest, ban country "music".