Information about STCW courses

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
waqas3075
Deck Plate Wanderer
Currently located: Canada

Information about STCW courses

Post by waqas3075 »

Hello All,
I need some information about the STCW courses like MED , advance fire fighting, PSC&RB and advance medical first aid. My question is can we do these courses from outside canada? Can anyone tell me that the STCW courses done outside Canada are acceptable my shipping companies in canada or transport canada accept these courses? If i want to sail in Ontario, East coast is it possible can i do my courses from pakistan or india ?

Thank you in advance.your help is really appreciated.
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: Information about STCW courses

Post by JollyJack »

Any training done outside Canada regarding MED, PPS or other required training is recognized by Canada, if it is compliant with STCW standards and carried out on an approved course by an Institution approved by an STCW flag state. The flag state must approve the Institution teaching the course, and the course must be approved by the Flag State. Yes, it is checked out, sometimes with e-mails and sometimes phone calls to the Institution and the flag state.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".