INDIAN COC - CANADIAN COC

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
Aarora
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: India

INDIAN COC - CANADIAN COC

Post by Aarora »

HEY ALL MARINERS..
GOOD DAY
I AM HERE LOOKING FOR SOME ANSWERS TO MY QUESTIONS WHICH COULD BE HELPFUL FOR PLENTY OF SEAFARERS LIKE US IN SIMILAR SITUATIONS :
FOCUSED ON : CLASS 1 ORAL EXAMINATION BY TC

1. I CAN SEE THAT THE QUESTION BANKS ARE QUITE OLD AND NOT UPDATED FROM A VERY LONG TIME..REASON COULD BE THAT TC MAY BE FOLLOWING THE SAME PATTERNS AND SET OF QUESTIONS TILL NOW ,IF THATS THE CASE THEN KINDLY LET EVERYONE KNOW AND IF NOT THEN..
ITS MY HUMBLE REQUEST THAT IF ANY OF YOU ARE APPEARING OR APPEARED IN RECENT TIMES KINDLY DO POST NEW QUESTIONS WHICH CAN HELP NEWBIES LIKE US TO GET AN IDEA FOR THE LINE AND LENGTH OF PREPARATION PATTERN TO BE FOLLOWED.

2.LOOKING FOR SOME ADVISE ABOUT CLASS 1 ORALS PREPARATION IF ANYONE CAN GUIDE PLS REVERT .
rjwadhwa
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Toronto, ON

Re: INDIAN COC - CANADIAN COC

Post by rjwadhwa »

The Examiner has a very structured approach. He will cover everything in a one hour discussion ( you will not feel that it is an exam) with you.
Discussions will centre around: 1. Preparation for Drydock (as a Chief Engineer)
2. Detailed discussion about Conventions and Legislations
3. How to prevent a Scavenge Fire and crankcase explosion and what actions to take if it happens
4. Your answers to the EKG and EKM questions will also be discussed-if you have provided lengthy answers or not
answered them as expected by them
Basically everything will be covered. All The Best.
Aarora
Bilge Dweller

Post by Aarora »

Many Many thanx Mr.Wadhwa ..., please note that I have not given writtens and will be going for orals only so i suppose they will focus more on EKG and EKM generic knowledge items. I hope the examination will not be as we are facing in India and will be little more conducive.
any specific to TC , particular material availaible which i can refer to other than my own preparatory material with me ..?
rjwadhwa
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Toronto, ON

Post by rjwadhwa »

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/reg ... lText.html

Visit the above website and read the relevant sections of the Canadian Shipping Act.

There is a lot of information on this website too. :)
Aarora
Bilge Dweller

Post by Aarora »

thanks once again Mr. wadhwa for reverting...this website is holding very very old stuff and i am not aware if TC is still referring or asking the same ..
rest I think most important is Canadian shipping act and Marine prsnl regulation to go through....