Alfa Laval S846 HFO Separator problem

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
Namit4
Tanktop Cleaner
Currently located: India

Re: Alfa Laval S846 HFO Separator problem

Post by Namit4 »

Thanks popeye62 for your concern.
This pt4 pr. High during ti70 alarm comes only when discharging initiate( not everytime only at every 12 to 24 hrs after).And alarm doesn't go it only goes after manual discharging again.I haven't touch pr11 parameter.And during ti70 pt4 suddenly becomes high to low.My transducer is ok not received any alarm lately i.e, MT value .
Seperation temperature maintains from 93 to 99 as my i have to adjust manually controller not working.
I just lossen the air connection to v1 to decrease some air pressure and also i did increase pt4 high parameters set to 3.6.
But this alrm is not regularly coming but coming. 🙄
popeye62
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: London

Post by popeye62 »

Hello Namit so the PT4 pressure reading during separation is stable (RV4 has been adjusted to 1.8-2.0b back pressure)? The first action at discharge initiation is 'Feed Off' (Ti70) which changes the position of the 3-way v/v, V1. The pressure in PT4, the back pressure, should drop off and the feed pressure PT1 will either fall or remain the same. Process parameter Pr11 is still set at 1.0b. When the pressure doesn't fall the alarm 'Oil Pressure PT4 High During T70' triggers because the feed is still on or the pressure has been slow to fall within the timer setting. The v/v V1 has two positions; to the separator or recirc back to the settling tank, why do you need to relieve air from the actuating diaphragm? This might be the problem. Which back pressure parameter did you increase to 3.6b? was it Pr10? What was the reasoning behind this? Stable temperature is important and 6 degrees can reduce efficiency by 20%
Namit4
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by Namit4 »

I have increased the set value of pr10 upto 3.6 (pt4).
Am giving less pressure (air) as compared to required to V1 diaghram , so that air drain out quickly to put it in close position.becaause during ti70 pt4 should not rise too high to trigger alarm ( in my case this happens every day once.
But i received today again to i will put back same as before everything.
popeye62
Officer of the Watch

Post by popeye62 »

Has somebody painted over the sintered metal vent from the valve or the vent needs changing? This would cause the valve to operate slowly when the air is shut off. What was the reason for Pr10 increased to 3.6b?
Namit4
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by Namit4 »

I changed the solenoid valve small spring inside and coil .Now i think problem is solved for some time.
popeye62
Officer of the Watch

Post by popeye62 »

The solenoid for V1? I'm not sure how that has fixed the problem but let's hope with fingers crossed. Put the air supply pressure to the v/v back to normal and Pr10 back to 3.0b or write it all down in your PMS and any other changes made. The next engineer needs to know.
Namit4
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by Namit4 »

Yeah i notice that SV1 was not draining air properly thatswhy v1 not closing instantly.
Namit4
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by Namit4 »

Am facing a problem in hfo purifier alfa laval S851 : it runs fine for some time let say 20 hrs and after 20 hrs their starts coming oil spray from sludge portal when i check for any abnormal leak.And pt4 drops to 0.9 from 1.2 and flow rate 2.9m³/hr same.I renewed flow valve, piston , no return valve of SV10 and cleaned water filters .
Any suggestions will be very helpful for me.
Thanks .
Namit4
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by Namit4 »

Am getting low feedback pressure during ti59 alarm . when i start the purifier.did anyone face this problem.plz do share any idea.
popeye62
Officer of the Watch

Post by popeye62 »

Hello Namit. Timer 59 (0-300 secs) determines how much water to put in the bowl for conditioning by filling through SV10 until feedback pressure is sensed. If an alarm is coming then the water flow may be too low or the pressure switch PT4. The setting of Ti59 is reset when you answer 'Yes' to the question 'Has the bowl been cleaned?' at start-up. Check these things. Good luck
Polforyou
First Time Poster
Currently located: Philippines

Re: Alfa Laval S866 HFO Separator problem

Post by Polforyou »

Hello there is anyone encounter same alarm TRANSDUCER NO RESPONSE
popeye62
Officer of the Watch

Post by popeye62 »

Hello Polforyou, from what I can see, the alarm (A83?) is the result of a test failure of the water sensor, MT60. The book says to check the water supply and SV10 (conditioning water valve not operating water). The water fills the bowl until it is detected at the outlet by MT60. The sensor is either not 'seeing' it or the water is not there. Check and clean the sensor but most likely is a lack of conditioning water. Good luck, John.
Namit4
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by Namit4 »

Alfa laval S821 LO purifier was working fine until i done bowl cleaning job ,now iam getting "low bowl speed " alam every 1 hr.I already changed friction blocks(checked belt condition found ok) checked and clean rpm sensor , cleaned water valves.Major o/h done 8 months back.
Any suggestions guys.
popeye62
Officer of the Watch

Post by popeye62 »

Hello Namit. Does it run OK on separation for the hour? Any noise from the motor? Is the bowl closing properly? Check SV16 again, check operating system (water) for leaking and check nozzle clear. What happens when the alarm comes, does the separator keep running or shut down? Does the alarm coincide with something else e.g. discharge?
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-08-27 063046.png
Namit4
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by Namit4 »

Facing same issues s586 hfo purifier,low pt4 but in every 5-6 hrs ,filter is clean, not too much sludge production also.only 800 hrs since last bowl overhauling.