WESTFALIA BILGE MASTER

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
offshoresnipe
Officer of the Watch

WESTFALIA BILGE MASTER

Post by offshoresnipe »

I have had the opportunity to run the Bilge master, and was checking to see if anyone else has had any exper. with one.
I have been able to process over 100 GPH (US Gal) when it is running right, but if everything is just right it can be a real workout.
Looking for any input or questions that maybe I can help with.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: WESTFALIA BILGE MASTER

Post by The Dieselduck »

I have not run an OWS in, oh god, maybe 6 years now. I get the special treatment of always landing it. I guess that's one good thing the ISM code did, made people in the office so scared that we just end up pumping ashore. Sorry cant be of more assistance.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
offshoresnipe
Officer of the Watch

Re: WESTFALIA BILGE MASTER

Post by offshoresnipe »

Ah, yes the fear.
I spent about 12 hours training myself running it right back to a bucket on deck, this way I could look at it. After I started to run it over the side, I go and check the discharge all the time just to bring down the fear factor.
So far I like the system, it would give some engineer's a real pain to run. It has about 6 different things that all have to be perfect for it to run just right. Can give you a real work out. Great way to make the watch go by fast.