SEEMP Manual for Office & Vessel

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
Pengze
Mechanic

SEEMP Manual for Office & Vessel

Post by Pengze »

Hi there,
Since the SEEMP would be enforced on 01st Jan 2013, every vessel would need to have on board a copy of the SEEMP.
Would appreciate if anyone out there have a practical sample of the SEEMP for our guidance to implement and establish a copy for the vessel to use.
SEEMP (Ship Energy Efficiency Management Plan).
I hereby extend my sincere thanks for your valuable feedback.
Take care. Bye.
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: SEEMP Manual for Office & Vessel

Post by JollyJack »

Discourage incest, ban country "music".
carbob
Leak Patrol
Currently located: St. John's, NL

Re: SEEMP Manual for Office & Vessel

Post by carbob »

JollyJack, the EEOI that you have posted the link to is perhaps just one part of the SEEMP. This can be used to quantify the amount of GHG produced during a voyage. You can use it to find tonnes of fuel consumed per nautical mile steamed, grammes of CO2 produced per nautical mile steamed, tonnes of fuel consumed per tinne of cargo discharged, etc.

As I am not the most computer savvy, I didn't try to post a link to the document here, but if one were to Google - MEPC 62/INF.10, they would (should??) find the IMO document with an example of an SEEMP within, it's a 39 page PDF.

I spent a large part of last year trying to come to grips with getting ours into shape, and I suppose we have something acceptable. At least a couple of PSC inspectors and SIRE auditors thought so anyway, which is good enough for me!!

Hope this helps.