Engine Log Computer program

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
Mariner
First Time Poster

Engine Log Computer program

Post by Mariner »

Does anybody know of any software (the lower the cost the better) that can be used an a engine room watch log, maintenance scheduling and maintenance history? Let me know what you are using good/bad.

Thanks,

Mariner
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

No more whinning from the chief that your hours are off...

Post by The Dieselduck »

I know Royal Caribbean was working on it, half ass (its for the engine room - so no need to fund or rush - if it was for the entertainment dept, thats a diff story) with Konsberg, which was also the control and monitoring system onboard. I think DNV had signed off on the idea of a electronic tamper proof log book but I cant remember why they did not go ahead with it, I think it may have been a cost benefit type thing. and with Konsberg, you can be sure it wasn't cheap.

I would imagine that ValMarine also has a similar system but I could not see it on their website. Heres is Konsberg's Fleetmaster web page http://www.km.kongsberg.com/ks/web/nokb ... enDocument
I also did a quick search and this may be more up your alley, money wise(?)
http://www.elogbook.net/

There was a big flurry of news about this type of logbook several years ago, but for some reason it died down and never caught on like wild fire. I'm not sure why.

Cheers,
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

http://www.desmaint.com/

Maintelligence.
conrod
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Nanoose Bay BC, Canada

Maintenance

Post by conrod »

You could try Tero Marine, or SpecTec for maintenance progs, they are not bad. Most of the Swire Pacific Offshore fleet use the Tero one, but we did start with AMOS D from SpecTec.

Both systems use " exchange " processes for data transfer regarding what to do and when to do it, and I am sure that a log book is available as well, if you approach them and ask for a developed system. They both custom build.
BilgeRat1
Tanktop Cleaner
Currently located: Northern Illinois, USA

Post by BilgeRat1 »

Evidently we're going to do it on our boats. I'm supposed to get more details on this soon, so I'll pass on what I find out.
Tom
namalfdo
Bilge Dweller

Post by namalfdo »

thanks......

--------------
www.marine.eu.md
BilgeRat1
Tanktop Cleaner
Currently located: Northern Illinois, USA

Post by BilgeRat1 »

It turns out that we will be using Sinex Solutions; they're headquartered in Duluth, MN. I don't have the details on cost; I was only told that it is not cheap. It's an internet based system; anyone in the company that needs access to the information can get to it with a password and any computer with an internet connection. We will take our machinery readings on this, keep track of our fuel and oil, and generate work orders for maintenance and inspections. Each boat is "built" within the software by adding the nameplate information on all of your equipment, and then "requirements" are attached to the equipment. These trigger alerts for inspection and maintenance and can be set up by hours, days, months or years, and it works with the Coast Guard SIP and the American Waterways Operators Responsible Carrier Program as well. We will be using this on about 65 boats; if anybody is interested in more information, drop me a note.
Tom