Supplier for Compressor?

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
bhaven
Tanktop Cleaner

Supplier for Compressor?

Post by bhaven »

One of our service compressors was sent out for a rebuilt, but is now found to be beyond repair. Does anyone know a supplier in CDN that has ship compressors in stock? It is a somewhat urgent matter, any tips are much appreciated. The old one, by the way, is an aircooled, 2 cyl Westinghouse/Compair LeRoi 440A. My plan is to contact Marine and Offshore and Air Tech Atlantic, any other suppliers?
EvenKeel
Deck Plate Wanderer

Re: Supplier for Compressor?

Post by EvenKeel »

Can try these guys for Sperre compressors out of Montreal:

Turmot Marine
6515 Vanden-Abeele
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H4S 1S1
Tel: (514) 339-9660
Fax: (514) 339-5592.

http://www.turmot.com/services.html (website is not much help I must say)

We got our rebuild parts from there last year. Scandinavian so will cost some money but you may get lucky.
bhaven
Tanktop Cleaner

Post by bhaven »

Thanks, EvenKeel, will keep that in mind when the other one bites the dust. Got the compressor on Monday, installed and test run that night, Tuesday inspection and ... yeah, passed. :D Got it from Gardner Denver, all others would have taken too long to ship here.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

Sorry for the delay, but for the life of me I couldn't remember this company's name.
I have had a couple of the smaller units, they were reasonable cost and reliable. It was actually more feasible to replace them, then to strip them for TC survey.

http://www.quincycompressor.com/

Canadian rep:
wc rep.gif
EC Rep.gif