Bow Support.

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Bow Support.

Post by JK »

I have had this on my computer for quite awhile. I was looking for something else and came across the picture of an icebreaking bulker on the dock.
After looking at it upteem times for other reasons, I finally noticed the bow support on the dock edge. It looks like a 6x6" in relation to the bow :shock:
bowsupport.jpg
D Winsor
Superintendent
Currently located: Dartmouth

Re: Bow Support.

Post by D Winsor »

Either that or the post was put there as a reference point to insure the bow was in proper alignment with the center of the dock and landed on top of the post when the water was pumped out.
Troubleshooting 101 "Don't over think it - K.I.S.S. it"
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Re: Bow Support.

Post by Merlyn »

It's an ad for Belzona. Have you checked recently that it is still there? How many years ago was it? Could you inspect it without your scuba kit in one hit now you have given up smoking again? It's an underwater transducer for homing in on all that gold you have over there, this I know to be true cause I saw it on TV over here. You could be a secret gold explorer posing as a marine engineer. When the genset went down that time you could be millions of dollars down.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.