Lyngsö PCS2200

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
MagnusW
First Time Poster

Lyngsö PCS2200

Post by MagnusW »

I need help with some ideas why some temperatures in the system shows 20 deg C more than the actual value.
The system has been reseted but the failure is still there. If anyone has a good idea pls send this idea to my email. [email protected]
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: Lyngsö PCS2200

Post by JK »

I've never heard of this type system.

Are you having commisioning issues or is it something that has just started happening.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Post by The Dieselduck »

Sometimes, some controller have an offset value you can enter, although 20 degrees might be too much for most. Other than replacing unit, which we found in the past was the simplest thing, you have to test the sensor, then check all the wiring, supply voltage etc.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
Big Pete
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Solihull, England

Post by Big Pete »

I am not familiar with this system either, but in many systems where temperatures are measured electronically from a PT100 sensor, or similar, the system has to be calibrated. Probably somewhere in the instruction manual there will be instructions for this.
In some systems you place the sensor in a known high temperature e.g. boiling water and manually input the actual temperature at that point then put the sensor in a known low temperature, ambient or melting ice and manually input that temperature.
The software will then calculate the zero error and scalar error and apply these corrections to all future readings.
It is always better to ask a stupid question than to do a stupid thing.