Bunker Sampling

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
Big Pete
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Solihull, England

Bunker Sampling

Post by Big Pete »

I have been catching up on the Technical Magazines and I came across this, which I thought might be useful
It comes from a sampling equipment manufacturer, so there may be an element of Salesmanship for their product, but I would say it is probably the definitive guide to Bunker Sampling in our legalistic times.
I am sure many older Engineers will think it is going over the top, and fondly remember the days when sample bottles were usually empty Whiskey or Gin bottles obtained from the garbage can in the ship's bar, unfortunatly those days are long gone.
It is addressed to the Offshore Industry because the maker's are assuming that all of the shipping Industry already has these procedures in place, but it isn't so!!!
Fuel sampling.pdf
(162.55 KiB) Downloaded 549 times
BP
Fuel sampling.pdf
(162.55 KiB) Downloaded 549 times
It is always better to ask a stupid question than to do a stupid thing.
Mikkelsborg
Leak Patrol
Currently located: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Bunker Sampling

Post by Mikkelsborg »

Hi Pete,

Perhaps this site can give you som additional information http://www.fuelsampler.com/.
It was originally developed by Mr. Poul Rasmussen in Denmark, Scandinavia.
Teaser:
We are proud to announce that the new high vacuum fuel samplers have been developed and are already in use on several ships around the globe.
This type of fuel sampler is especifically important for container ships, as they have high vacuum during bunkering and standard flange samplers cannot sample under vacuum.
Our new fuel samplers will secure correct MARPOL sampling during the complete bunkering process.
The sampler can take samples down to -0.8 Bar

:-) Mikkel Elsborg, Scandic Diesel
Mikkel Elsborg
PJ Diesel Engineering A/S
Linkedin: https://dk.linkedin.com/in/mikkelelsborg