Capt. Donald F MAUGER

A place to remember our peers who have completed their last voyage on this earth. Finish With Engines.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Capt. Donald F MAUGER

Post by JK »

I had the fun of sailing with Don many years ago. He was a good shipmate that made a trip livelier.

Don was onboard the Seaforth Jarl when she sank in December 1983, 35 Miles South-west of Islands St-Pierre-Miquelon, he was literally the last man off of the ship. When he was telling the story, he laughed and said, those immersion suits are good, I went into the water with it partially zipped. They must be Don, you got another 31 years of running.

Capt Donald Frederick Mauger
June 11, 1949 - June 6, 2014

MAUGER, Capt. Donald F. - 64, Dartmouth, died June 6, 2014. Born in Halifax, NS, he was a son of the late Captain Fred and Emily (Billard) Mauger. Don started his career as a deckhand with the Bedford Institute of Oceanography, sailing with his father. He became a captain at an early age, working for Imperial Oil, and then went on to work as a captain for Seaforth Fednav, Canarctic Shipping, Great Lakes Transport and most recently, Dominion Diving.

He took great pleasure in spending time with his family, particularly playing with his grandsons, and close friends, watching hockey, baseball and football on the big screen. He is survived by his sister, Lorna, Florida; brother, Robert, Dartmouth; daughter, Carol, New York; son Mike (Cheryl), Dartmouth; daughter, Laura-Lee (Tim) Markusson, Victoria; and grandsons Alex and Aiden. He was predeceased by his brother, Glenn.

Family and friends are invited to a reception in Don's memory on June 11, from 2-5 p.m., at A.L. Mattatall Funeral Home, 217 Portland Street, Dartmouth. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Canadian Cancer Society.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignit ... id=6001308
To view or place an online message of condolence, please visit http://www.mattatallfuneralhome.com
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: Capt. Donald F MAUGER

Post by JK »

I just came across this photo taken in January 1987. We are stopped in ice waiting for the Pilot enroute to Lulea, Sweden.
RIP Don.

Don.jpeg