Capt. William Power

A place to remember our peers who have completed their last voyage on this earth. Finish With Engines.
NLMate
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: NL, Canada

Capt. William Power

Post by NLMate »

Evening Gents,

Capt. William Power of Goulds, NL has passed away after a brief battle with cancer. Bill sailed with Secunda for many years, most recently in the middle east.

See Below his Obituary:

Captain William John Power “Skipper”, aged 60 years, passed away October 16th, 2019, surrounded by his loving family after a brief but courageous battle with cancer. Predeceased by his parents Jerome and Dorothy, grandson Chance and his sister Laura. He leaves behind to celebrate his life his loving wife of 40 years Bernadette; his children: Bill (Melissa), Stephanie (Danny), Ashlee and Brittany (Jeremy); grandchildren: Tyler, Faith, Liam, Hayden, Kiersten, Molly, Kaylee and William; sibling:s Mike, Jerry (Brenda), Shirley, Bob, Dave and Lisa (Doug); numerous nieces, nephews and extended family; special friends Dennis and Cheryl Hynes and Gerry and Vicky White; all of his friends along the Irish Loop; and his work family in Saudi Arabia. Cremation has taken place. The family will receive visitors at Caul’s Funeral Home, LeMarchant Road on Friday, October 18th, 2019 from 10 a.m to 9 p.m. Funeral service will be held on Saturday, October 19th, 2019 at 10 a.m from Caul’s Chapel. Flowers gratefully accepted.

https://www.cauls.ca/obituary/william-power
Revolver
Chief Engineer

Re: Capt. William Power

Post by Revolver »

Wild Bill.
He was well known and quite a character; I knew him and his family for a number of years - lived down the road from him.
I made sure to give my condolences to his family.