Merry Christmas

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
Jon
Deck Plate Wanderer

Merry Christmas

Post by Jon »

Merry Christmas to all the seafarers stuck at sea. I'm at home and warm in Halifax. Hope you all make it through the festive season and new year safe and sound. Enjoy!
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by JollyJack »

Holiday Greetings to Everyone

I wanted to send some sort of holiday greeting to my friends, but it is so difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. So I met with my attorney yesterday, and on his advice I wish to say the following:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, nonaddictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter/summer solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2013, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that it is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal.

It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting.

It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Merry Christmas dammit!

JollyJack
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

LOLOL
I'll drink to that!
Brad
Leak Patrol
Currently located: Canada

Post by Brad »

That's golden JollyJack!

In keeping with the spirit I have plagiarized it and illegally copied it

Happy Holidays to all.

Brad
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Post by The Dieselduck »

Christmas-tree.jpg
Thanks for the laugh JJ, needed that.

I'm stuck on a ship with too little water under the keel to pass the Soo locks. I am on board till mid January, so I am not much in the spirit of Christmas but do want to extend some joy to all of you, at sea, or at home... or wherever life takes you, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - all the best for the holiday season.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
carbob
Leak Patrol
Currently located: St. John's, NL

Post by carbob »

I'd like to wish a Merry Christmas to all ashore and asea.

I'm at sea myself this year, and Christmas in Brazil is not the same as home, but there it is. It is hard to get in to the spirit of the season, but we have to be thankful for what we have, as there are definitely those far worse off than we are. If we are at sea, it means we have a job at least, and can provide for those enjoying Christmas at home, and I guess that's what it's all about. It's really not much good for us to whine too much about it, we did choose this profession of our own volition, so the only person to blame is ourselves.

Anyhow, that's it from sunny Brazil. 07:00 here now, and it is already 36 deg C outside and 40 in the engine room. Not so bad in the control room, though, so I'll take that.