Chaulk Determination/Commodore Straits

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
Steamboat Al
Leak Patrol
Currently located: Home

Chaulk Determination/Commodore Straits

Post by Steamboat Al »

Just got word from a friend yesterday the Chaulk Determination/Commodore Straits has sunk in Trois Riviers, Quebec on December 26th 2014.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: Chaulk Determination/Commodore Straits

Post by JK »

Steamboat Al
Leak Patrol
Currently located: Home

Post by Steamboat Al »

Thats what I would call a sure bet. When I left that junkpile it was under arrest for not paying their port fees and it was obvious the project was being run by idiots that did not have a clue as to what they were doing. All I heard for the week I was there was "take it apart" "take it apart" like a bunch of parrots when I asked to speak with Lloyds and to see the Lloyds list of required work they refused to show me the list and they said it was a waste of time calling Lloyds as it was to expensive. They never did any of the work that Lloyds asked them to do and had crew members deliberatly breaking the law which they were aware of for months. I remember when the owner came on board when I was leaving and how he commented that he had wasted his time and money bringing me out, funny I thought it was the other way around working for that bunch.
Attachments
Nice safe working conditions
Nice safe working conditions
with everything in pieces nowwhere to put anything and nothing to put it back together.
with everything in pieces nowwhere to put anything and nothing to put it back together.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

Actually CG does or did have a good track record of getting their costs back in cases like this. Those owners will be finding that out.