General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
- Officer of the Watch
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:48 am
- Currently located: Albuquerque New Mexico
Just got back from a trip to one of the largest diesel power plants located in Honduras. When we look at marine plants and consider one large this plant was 300Mw 14 x 18V48/60 MAN and 5 x 18PC2V Pielstick plus one 12Mw waste heat steam turbine. Had to tip my hat to these people. 13 HFO separators and 19 LO separators plus one Westfalia sludge processing unit.
- Enduring Contributor
- Posts: 2777
- Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:29 am
- Currently located: East Coast, Canada
I was over in Germany to the Siemens generator plant a couple of years ago. They were shipping a generator for a South America power plant that was to be coupled to a MaK. It was a split stator and it was substantial in size.
- Posts: 3051
- Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:41 pm
- Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)
OMG ! 32 separators. and I imagine its the big ones too. Sweet lord that allot of work to clean and maintain.
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
- Engineering Mentor
- Posts: 124
- Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:02 am
- Currently located: Ireland
Never mind the purifiers the 5 x 18PC2V Pielsticks are going to drive them mad.
I hope they bought a spare crankshaft as well.
Return to “Crew Mess”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests