comms

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
ArkSeaJumper
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Ireland

comms

Post by ArkSeaJumper »

After having dug to a depth of 10 meters last year, Scottish scientists
Found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the Conclusion
that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years
ago.
Not to be outdone by the Scots, in the weeks that followed, English
Scientists dug to a depth of 20 meters, and shortly after, headlines in the
UK newspapers read: ' English archaeologists have found traces of 200 year
Old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors already had an
Advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the
Scots.'
One week later, 'The Kerryman,' a southwest Irish newsletter, reported the
Following: 'After digging as deep as 30 meters in peat bog near Tralee ,
Paddy O'Droll, a self taught archaeologist, reported that he found
Absolutely feck all. Paddy has therefore concluded that 300 years ago
Ireland had already gone wireless.'

The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Can you hear me now...

Post by The Dieselduck »

Ahhh the wonderful slow days of summer. Nothing like a joke to pep things up.

Thats pretty funny ArkSeaJumper.

Every year, at this time of year is very slow in the marine world. Having the site for almost ten years, I always see that traffic is down considerably around now. I don't think its just this site, as I see a marked slowdown at other marine news outlet too. I guess the sun and calm weather do make our jobs easier as seafarers, so less to talk about.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

good'un
Wyatt
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: Victoria

Post by Wyatt »

A drunk in a bar pukes all over his own shirt, which was brand new before he came in.

“Damn,” he says. “I puked on my shirt. If the wife finds out I've been drinking again, she’s gonna kill me.”

“Not to worry,” says the bartender as he sticks a $20 bill in the drunk’s pocket. “Just tell her someone puked on you and he gave you some cash to cover your cleaning bill.”

So the drunk goes home and tells his wife about the guy who puked on him. She reaches into his pocket and finds two twenties.

“So, why are there two twenties here?” she asks.

The drunk replies, “Oh, yeah, he crapped in my pants, too.”
ArkSeaJumper
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Ireland

Post by ArkSeaJumper »

An engineer dies and reports to the pearly gates. St. Peter checks his dossier and says, "Ah, you're an engineer -- you're in the wrong place."
So, the engineer reports to the gates of hell and is let in. Pretty soon, the engineer gets dissatisfied with the level of comfort in hell, and starts designing and building improvements. After awhile, they've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and the engineer is a pretty popular guy.

One day, God calls Satan up on the telephone and says with a sneer, "So, how's it going down there in hell?"

Satan replies, "Hey, things are going great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next."

God replies, "What??? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake -- he should never have gotten down there; send him up here."

Satan says, "No way. I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm keeping him."

God says, "Send him back up here or I'll sue."

Satan laughs uproariously and answers, "Yeah, right. And just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"