TheNavalArch launches a new product: 2-Hook Lift Factors and Lift Point Loads.
This excel app can be used to calculate the lift factors and lifting point loads for a standard 2 hook lift with four lifting points (see figure)
1. Based on Nobledenton Guidelines for Marine Lifting and Lowering Operations, ND-0027, Rev 11
2. Calculates the Load factors like DAF/Yaw factor and tilt effect on the lifted object
3. Calculates the Crane hook loads
4. Calculates the Lift point vertical loads
5. Very useful for marine lifting/lowering operations to calculate lift point loads. These can be used to design the slings, and evaluate the strength of lift point rigging/pad-eye/shackles etc
Find out more here: