Snow

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Snow

Post by JK »

I just looked at the video on the front page of the Vancouver Sun and had a chuckle at the Vancouverites driving/walking in the snow. 8)
Being from the East coast, I am gloating at the thought of the West Coast getting a taste of winter weather though they don't really have to shovel as the next rainstorm will take it away.

And what made me really chuckle was the thought of thousands of kids already wound for sound because Santa is coming, seeing the snow and getting really excited and still 10 days to go! Oh what fun! Almost makes me sorry I haven't a youngster at home anymore.

So, to make this even vaguely marine related....will the Ferries make their schedules or will they freeze up? :wink:
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Re: Snow

Post by The Dieselduck »

Yes, indeed lots of snow and unusually cold, it was minus 13 this morning in Nanaimo. On Sunday morning I had 18 inches of snow on the back deck - it fell overnight. The ferries were still running on time for the most part, but with certainly a lot less traffic. I am going back to work on Thursday to Montreal, where it is a balmy 4 Celsius and raining. Seem the norm of things is a bit upside down.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: Snow

Post by JK »

We had a monsoon on Friday with temperatures here in Halifax at almost 17* and almost 20* in the Annapolis Valley and winds up to 90km/hr.
When I got up Saturday morning it was flurries, now they are calling for rain all week.

Seems like the weather is flip-flopping, isn't it?