COC Revalidation surprises

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
toyota
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Polan

COC Revalidation surprises

Post by toyota »

Dear CDN Marine Engineers,
I recently revalidated my 1st Class M certificate in Toronto TC office.
They issue me a temporary Certificate which was valid for DOMESTIC voyages within Canada despite I never had such limitations and worked outside of
Canada during last 5 years period. I also provided Transport Canada with all required STCW Refresher courses.
Does the similar practice takes place in all branches of TC in Canada or it is only in Toronto.
My brother was also issued with a limited for DOMESTIC voyages Certificate in the same Toronto office despite he was working in the UK for the last 5 years.
I am planning to sue TC because I lost my contract due to this restriction to DOMESTIC Voyages.

P.S. 2 weeks later TC OTTAWA issued correct Certificate without Domestic Voyages Limitations, but they refused to alter my Temporary Certificate immediatelly. So that's why I lost contract because I was supposed to join a foreign vessel which worked in Canada.