TC Website

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

TC Website

Post by JK »

Anyone been there recently looking at Regulations?

What a nightmare. I had to double check the Arctic Pollution Act for a little bit of info. The website is all changed.
Called TC to talk to a Surveyor, ended up talking to 2 different guys, was given a third fellows phone number to call. Ran into one of our guys who is ex-TC and asked him. He sent me by email, 3 different sites to give me the info I need.
And this was a relatively simple matter that I knew the answer to (or thought I did) but wanted to double check.
What a freaking' mess.
I hope the Surveyors are keeping up with all of it because I see more calls in my future!
conrod
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Nanoose Bay BC, Canada

Re: TC Website

Post by conrod »

For sure it is not much fun. I have been looking for info on DP barges on inland waters, what sort of manning certifications, a nightmare.
JK
Enduring Contributor

Post by JK »

Did you find them? I eventually found them after much looking last month.

Their site was always bad, but now you have to look at 6 different things to find what you need. My favorite is when it shunts you over to other government department's home page, that has a different search engine and you have to go all through their site (potable water is one). And the Boss says, what did you do all day? :evil:
conrod
Engineering Mentor
Currently located: Nanoose Bay BC, Canada

Post by conrod »

Did not find anything yet...........but after spending far too much time looking I had to move on to something else. I will have to re-visit at some stage though.
JK
Enduring Contributor

Post by JK »

The MPRs are hard to find :roll: I had to search a long time the last time.
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/ShowFullDo ... 7-115///en

I never looked for DP barges...might be something they "forgot" to consider.