The Russian Navy's "Irreversible Collapse."

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

The Russian Navy's "Irreversible Collapse."

Post by JK »

I guess it is not only Canada that has allowed their shipbuilding industry almost die:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/P ... k.asp?pg=1

Which makes me wonder, just how are they planning of disposing of all of those tired nuclear powered vessels.
Wyatt
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: Victoria

Re: The Russian Navy's "Irreversible Collapse."

Post by Wyatt »

Wow Jk. I had no idea it was that bad in Russia. Very interesting stuff indeed. I have no doubt as to how they will dispose of thier nuclear waste, simply the cheapest and easiest way possible, I will let everyone figure that one out. So who does this leave as a power to build ships? China! Scary yes, but what did everyone think would happen. All one has to do is add up whatever one purchases that is made in China, which in Canada is almost 100% of what one buys, unless one does not shop at Walmart. Now what do you think they are doing with all this income? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Come on everyone, lets start to boycott Walmart, we have to start somewhere, lets start with the richest family in the world, and make them poor, very quickly!!! They are the ones behind this economic meltdown, so lets get with it.
BOYCOTT WALMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am serious, if you think I am joking, you are wrong!!!!!!!!
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: The Russian Navy's "Irreversible Collapse."

Post by JK »

Sorry, I can't make the stretch between Russia and Walmart. Maybe you could put a few more dots between?