MARINE ENGINEER 3RD CLASS, TORONTO PORT AUTHORITY
Mississauga, ON, CANADA; Scarborough, ON, CANADA; Toronto, ON, CANADA
Posted Sep 8, 2011 1 Position(s)
THE TORONTO PORT AUTHORITY (the "TPA") is a federal public authority providing transportation, distribution, storage and container services to businesses and individuals. We have an immediate opening for:
MARINE ENGINEER 3RD CLASS
· Certified Third Class Marine Engineer or better.
· Possess and maintain an up-to-date certificate of MED A2 Training or better.
· Must acquire Temporary Engineer's Certificate for all Airport Ferries.
· 2 years minimum experience as 3rd class engineer on ferries, tugs, or similar vessels or combination of education and related experience.
· Must possess a Marine Basic First Aid Certificate or obtain one within three months.
· Valid Class "G" Drivers Licence.
· Must be able to overhaul & maintain all machinery for which responsible.
· Must be in good physical condition. Possess and maintain an up-to-date Sea Farer's Medical Certificate.
· Must be able to handle the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
· Must have good command of English, including reading, writing, and speaking clearly.
· Must be able to swim, and tread water for 2 minutes.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
· May perform the duties of a Deckhand Engineer which includes assisting in docking the ferry and vehicle stowage, in a safe and efficient manner.
· Responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the power unit and all other machinery and equipment of the vessel to which assigned.
· Responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the hydraulic docking systems.
· Responsible for the cleanliness of the Engine Room and machinery spaces and proper housekeeping of same.
· Maintain daily logs of all equipment.
· Maintain daily and weekly checklists as assigned.
· Report daily status condition of vessel and all associated operating equipment to the Manager
· Identify and correct all malfunctions and needed repairs.
· Required to complete reports regarding collisions, mishaps or unusual occurrences.
· Reports all equipment malfunctions, and/or incidents involving passengers to the on-duty Captain as quickly as possible.
· Follows safety rules as laid down by TPA, as well as being familiar with the regulations of the Ship Safety Branch of the Transport Canada.
· Other duties as assigned by the Toronto Port Authority
WORK LOCATION: Ferry - Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
COMPENSATION: $31.89/Hour plus competitive benefits.
HOURS OF WORK: Scheduled 7.5 hours per day, 5 days per week. Shift work, including weekend may be required.
Please e-mail resume with covering letter to: email@example.com, stating Marine Engineer 3rd Class in the subject line.
We thank applicants for their interest. However, only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted. The Toronto Port Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Via Email