2nd and/or 3rd Class Marine Engineer
Lodging & transportation Paid and daily meal allowance is also provided.
Ontario/Province Wide, Qualified Candidates are encouraged to apply.
This is a contract position.
Monday – Friday
8 or 10 Hour Shifts
Hourly Rate: Please forward your resumes along with your HOURLY WAGE EXPECTATION
• Operates and maintains diesel engines and related mechanical equipment such as marine hoisting equipment on vessels
• Inspects and effects repairs to all diesel and gasoline powered machinery and equipment. Advises Marine Engineer 1 when shutdown of engines and equipment is necessary
• Dismantles, cleans, repairs, overhauls, replaces and/or maintains diesel and gasoline powered engines and equipment as assigned
• Inspects and monitors air control systems, hydraulic systems, transmissions, steering gears, etc.
• Uses acetylene/welding equipment for minor welding repairs and cutting
• Performs pipe fitting on plumbing systems of all vessels
• Effects repairs to vessel electrical/lighting system and public address system
• Operates a variety of tools and equipment
• Performs mechanical maintenance work on marine plant
• May be required to provide work direction and training to other staff
• Performs a variety of skilled work not requiring the services of other licensed trades
1. Must possess and be able to maintain a Certificate of Competency as a Second Class and/or Third Class Engineer of a motor driven vessel in accordance with the regulations enforced in the Province of Ontario.
2. May be required to possess and be able to maintain an Internal Combustion Hoisting Certificate in accordance with the regulations enforced in the Province of Ontario.
3. Proven experience in operation of a marine vessel.
4. Must possess and be willing to maintain a valid Medical Certificate of Fitness and a Marine First Aid Certificate as per Transport Canada Regulations.
5. Extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of marine engine room equipment, including hoisting equipment.
You must also have:
• Ability to provide work direction and training to others.
• Ability to deal courteously with public.
• Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Marine Occupational Health & Safety Act the regulations that apply to this work.
• Must be physically capable of performing required duties.
• Must be available to work shift/weekend/overtime/on call duty.
• Must be able to work under adverse weather conditions, i.e. winter Ferry operations.
Ontario/Province Wide, Qualified Candidates are encouraged to forward your resumes for consideration to:
Fax to 416-514-0777 ATTENTION LEXIE