This is a google translate of the posting;
Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Class / Competition 2012-18-MAT
by STQ »Tue March 13, 2012 4:41 am
The Ferry Corporation of Quebec is a Crown corporation reporting to the Minister of Transport which operates five river crossings on the St. Lawrence and manages the contract for six sleepers and two routes operated in partnership. It has a fleet of 13 vessels, employs over 550 employees and annually carries more than 5.5 million passengers and 2.6 million vehicles. The Company is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd class to the cross of Matane, for the summer and replacements.
The responsibility of the chief engineer, maintenance mechanic maintains, repairs and installation of equipment and machinery of ships according to preventative maintenance programs and management system computerized maintenance. It ensures compliance with standards and security procedures in effect on the Company and in particular those related to management systems (SMS). Finally, it performs other related duties that may fall within the job.
• Have a college degree in Marine Engineering or equivalent
• Hold a patent Marine Engineer Officer 2nd Class.
• Have relevant experience as a marine engineer.
• The candidate should also have knowledge of electrical, control and automation
• Good computer skills, including software maintenance management computer aided.
• The candidate has distinguished itself by its independence, resourcefulness and a great ability to diagnose and solve problems inherent to the function.
Work schedule: day shift (12 hours per day), 7 working days followed by 7 days off ("ON 7/7 OFF")
Expected date of commencement of employment: early June 2012
Duration of Assignment: mid-June to September 2012 and full-time replacements
Those interested to submit their application candidates should forward their curriculum vitae by March 30, 2012, quoting the competition number
Ferry Corporation of Quebec
Human Resources Directorate
250, rue St-Paul, Quebec (Quebec) G1K 9K9
Fax: (418) 643-7308
The Ferry Corporation of Quebec subscribes to a program of equal opportunity in employment.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The masculine is used without discrimination and solely for the purpose of brevity.