Head of Technical
If you are an experienced Technical Superintendent or Fleet Manager and would like to take on a new challenge in your career, then why don’t you apply for this newly created vacancy that has opened in Indonesia? The core responsibilities of the role will require technical management of a fleet of tugboats, barges and floating cranes assets owned by a mining operation company.
As my client is ideally looking for a suitable candidate to start as soon as possible, please don’t delay and submit an updated Word version of your CV today. Kindly remember to include your personal email address ON the document.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client has mining operations, is involved in domestic and international coal trading, transport, infrastructure and mining services in Indonesia. They own and operate tugs, barges and floating cranes.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
The ideal candidate will have a Class I Certificate and have sailed on board a vessel as a Chief Engineer. It is important that you are able demonstrate your leaderships skills in order to manage the technical team efficiently and on budget. You should be able to work independently and follow through with the group strategy of ensuring that the assets are maintained to the highest standards in order to optimise maximum efficiency.
Experience with floating cranes, marine auxiliary engines and tugs propulsion systems is a must in order to be shortlisted for this role.
A candidate who already resides in Indonesia and speaks Bahasa in order to professionally communicate with the team will have an advantage but not a requirement in order to be shortlisted.
• Manage the Group's Shipping Unit’s Technical Department which directly owns and manages a fleet of floating cranes, tugs and barge
• Plan and implement Performance/Maintenance system to comply to clients’, statutory and Classification requirements
• Prepare and monitor budgets for all vessels.
• Negotiate and manage Service agreements and critical/consumable spares orders with vendors
• Appoint qualified technical shore staff and approve all engine specific ship staff
• Prepare docking schedules, repair specifications, and select shipyards for directly managed vessel dockings
• Requirement to travel regionally within Indonesia approximately 50% of the time
• Lead the Project Team on technical aspects of new projects
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates that have the specific skills and experiences required to fulfill the responsibilities of the role will be contacted for a telephone interviews by one of our consultants. Thereafter a detailed job description will be made available for discussion before CV’s are submitted to our client for review.
Please send a Word version of your updated CV and kindly remember to include your email address ON the document.
A competitive salary and benefits is on offer
If you are interested or know any-one who would be interested in having a confidential discussion with me regarding this opportunity, please email a Word version CV to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or go http://bit.ly/1jobAP1 , to apply
I look forward to hearing from you!