Ballast System Superintendent / Marine Superintendent
Job Location Bull Arm
Job Number 20639
Posted Date 2014-01-07
Posting End Date 2014-02-06
Number of Opportunities 1
Previous job experience is required
World Class GBS Execution
To support the Hebron GBS project, Kiewit-Kvaerner Contractors is seeking resumes from qualified individuals to join our GBS team based at Bull Arm site.
Ballast System Superintendent – # 20639
Reporting to the GBS Ballasting Lead, the Ballast System Superintendent will provide commissioning of the ballast systems for the Hebron Gravity Based Structure (GBS) and be the overall responsible for the day to day ballasting operations activities onboard the GBS.
• Focus on and contribute to an SSHE mind-set and performance within the KKC construction organization
• Be part of the Commissioning Team preparing commissioning procedures for the ballast systems.
• Follow-up installation, mechanical completion (MC) and commissioning of the ballast systems.
• Responsible for all activities in the ballast control room during floating construction phases.
• Ensure that all operations and activities onboard are monitored and executed in accordance with approved procedures.
• Responsible for maintenance of ballast systems.
• Training and supervision of the GBS ballast operators.
• Liaise with and coordinate with the construction team, ballast engineer and ballasting lead.
• Degree or diploma in engineering is required
• Minimum 7 years’ experience with ballasting systems is essential
• Minimum 7 years’ experience with mechanical completion and commissioning on GBS projects is required
KKC supports the hiring of qualified local Newfoundland and Labrador residents. We are equally committed to providing access to employment of qualified candidates to ensure an equitable and diversified workplace.
The salary band ranges from $45.00 to $70.00 per hour depending on level of experience. This is a project based position. KKC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
To apply online for this or any position, please visit www.kkc-gbs.com/recruiting
While KKC appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.