Position: Chief Engineer
Company: Mariposa Cruise Line Ltd.
Compensation: Salaried position, to be discussed
Reports to: Vice President
Start date: Autumn 2013
Purpose: The purpose of this posting is to fill the position of Chief Engineer. The Chief Engineer is responsible to provide leadership, support, training and development, supervision and overall efficient operations of the Engineering Department.
Essential Qualifications: Minimum 3rd Class Engineering Certificate or the ability to attain this certificate by March 2014. Minimum 5 years’ experience in the marine engineering field. Previous experience managing people is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Knowledge of Transport Canada Acts, marine engineering regulations and codes
• Knowledge of ship construction practices, plumbing, electrical and refrigeration codes
• Analytical ability
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to multitask
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point
• Proficient in English language
• Works in engine rooms in crowded space with high noise volumes, limited fresh air and standing room
• Must be available to work nights and weekends in season (May-December 31st)
• Use of cell phone; walkie-talkies
• Must be able to push, pull and lift up to 50 pounds
• Requires repetitive motion of bending, stretching and twisting
Tel: 416-203-0178 ext 800
Box 101, Suite 425, 207 Queens Quay West